Thursday 18 February 2010

My Second Attempt

Having the brake van under my belt, I decided another goods van would be a good idea so I trolled the net looking for some drawings.

This one caught my eye as I fancied making the metal straps on the corners...



This time I started with the chassis as the base, added corner posts, a roof and end panels. I got a little carried away and added the metal reinforcing strips on the end panels...


Made cross braces at one end with attached panel and I was just going to copy and mirror it around the other sides.
After copying the cross braces, I decided to make the side panel one-piece instead of four pieces.


Starting to go a little wild now with the detail, quite enjoyable making a bracket from a spline, extruding it and adding a bend. Even made a latch for the doors.

Nearly complete, just need to add some suspension to the wheels.

You'll notice the hook is still missing...Apart from wheels, hooks also give me a hard time.

This is how it looks today, a little over a weeks work, mainly late at night when I can get some peace.

Hmmm, maybe time to start another one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment